Tuesday, July 13, 2010

baby thoughts....



Zadie at about 3 months (cute huh?)

We, (Alex and I) have discussed having baby number 3 for quite some time...it's really a decision I wanted us to both agree on. Many people have asked me why I would want another one...there's the usual, "you have one of each" or "you have 2 hands, 2 is good" and of course, "you'll be outnumbered". Well, what if that was the point?? To be outnumbered...to have one more than the adults to make it even crazier than it already is. Don't get my wrong...sometimes I think, why should I mess up a good thing. I do have one of each and they are both growing, smart, healthy kiddos who play really well with one another. I had easy pregnancies. I always felt good and worked right up until I had them both. I am also not getting any younger...unfortunately, that is a negative when trying to have babies...35 is "the" age, so to say that the doctors start monitoring you more, etc...and, I hate to say it out loud, but I am, um, er, 34. Yuck, that tasted horrible...I don't feel that old at all. I think having kids later is going to keep me young...that's one of my many hopes anyway.

So, I went to the doctor and had some blood work done and everything came back normal. Normal I am not though...have always had irregular cycles and although it wasn't hard for me to get pregnant, I kind of had to have a little push with Zadie. And, Garrison was the best shock I ever had in the doctor's office. I don't think I will ever forget that day!! I laughed at the nurse when she told me it came back positive...people who don't have periods aren't supposed to get pregnant...yeah, well tell that to my little blue-eyed boy! I wouldn't trade him for the world!

That being all said and my laundry out in the open, I am, excuse me, we are (can't really do it without help) trying to have baby number 3. Call me crazy or stupid, or anything else you want to call me...but hopefully, in a couple of months, you will call me preggers!


Garrison at about a week old...sweet babies don't ya think?!

2 comments:

Paula McKaughan said...

AWE!!!! I'm so excited for you Amanda!!! I will be praying for all of you...just pray its not TWINS...LOL!!!! Just kidding...the more the merrier!!! Love ya!!!

RedRae said...

SO exciting! I can't say that I am ready yet. And I know Louis isn't! HA. But I love thinking about having them someday. :) I am so happy for you!