Sunday, September 19, 2010

It's about time....(a little long)

Okay, so free time is such a term that is loosely used in the summer time, because I seemed to have had a lot of it. Well, now that school has started for all, meetings, soccer practice and running around like a crazy lady has left me with hardly any at all. So, while I am at home this morning, (instead of church like I should be), and the kids are watching t.v. or playing with barbies or asking me for something to drink every 5 minutes.....ahhhh, the life of being a mom never stops. I am not complaining, I love my kiddos, but the essence of quiet time is long out the window. So, I apologize now if my wording doesn't make since or I type something that sounds good to me, but reads terribly.

School is underway and I have 19 kiddos in my homeroom. I also switch with 2 other teachers, who are a great team by the way. I love 4th grade and love everyone that teaches 4th grade. I have very smart kiddos this year, which is great, but they are some talkers, which is fine, because I am too. There are some stinkers in some of my classes as well, but teaching wouldn't be the same without an adventure or challenge on a daily basis. I am so fortunate to be able to teach these kiddos. I feel like I get to share some of my favorite memories, stories, and books with these babies. I love being a teacher.

Zadie has started a a news school on Mondays and Wednesdays here in MV, and it sure does make our lives a little easier. She really needs to be in school in at least 4 days since she will be in kinder next year (which I still can't believe!) She and Garrison still go to KidFirst in MP on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which I love...they have been going since they were about 18 months old. They have such a wonderful curriculum and go on field trips and have great teachers as well. Zadie loves going to Mrs. Debbie's on the other days. It's a smaller group of kids and they have an outside playground and a science center which she loves. She told Alex and I the other day she was going to be a scientist instead of an animal doctor. It was too funny. She's at the age where she is learning so much, and asking all kinds of questions, some which I am not ready for her to ask, but try to answer them as truthfully as I can. Garrison is going to our babysitter on M/F that we have had for a long time as well. They are wonderful and he is the only one there and he loves the attention. And of course on Wednesdays, my mom still keeps them. I think she may actually have withdrawals next year when Zadie starts Kinder. I have one picture of them on the 1st day of school, a loser, I know...mom had to come take them because I have to be at school early and they couldn't be dropped off until a certain time. So, please excuse the quality because my mom is not the best photographer. (Notice both of my children have a small obsession with a "blankie".)




Zadie will be playing soccer this year and I am sure there will be lots of laughs when they play their first game, which is Saturday. Anyway, Alex thought she needed to practice for try-outs, so I have a few pictures from that day. Of course, we went to the park and she wanted to swing, I mean, who wouldn't!? So, brother got to play and swing while she practiced. Not being a biased parent, but of course, we think she is going to be a very talented soccer player!!







I am also just posting some pics of the kids from mom's house. We spend a lot of time over there since they go to school 2 days a week over there. I don't mind it because I work out over there 2 night as week, so it works out for all, except for poor hubby who gets to spend 2 nights by himself. On occasion he will come too, but it's a rare one.







I know the first day of fall is this coming week, but temperatures are not reflecting it at all. I am so ready for about 65 degrees as the high with a nice wind. I am also ready for chili and campfires. I am so glad that college football has started, but am looking forward to wearing sweatshirts to watch them (while sitting on my couch.) I hate the heat and hate sweating unless I am working out...so, bring on fall and bring on cooler weather. And of course, Halloween candy, especially candy corn!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't ever cut those cute blonde curls! I love them! KeLe

RedRae said...

Oh my I just love Garrison's hair! It is too cute! I can't wait for cooler weather too! I hate sweating! eww! plus I just love the fall and winter months! I love that I finally am reading your blog! I love it!