Sunday, January 2, 2011

35 years old

I am now 35...how did I get here, I do not know!  I just had my reality check when I was completing a survey for Target.  I swear one of these days I am going to win the $500 gift card to somewhere!!!  Close to the end of the surveys, there is a box with ages...yeah, forever I have been on the one that 25-34...um, not today, it was 35-49!!  Really!!????  Ugh, it really hurt my feelings!!!  I am NOT close to 40!! 

It's a new year, 2011 and I admit I didn't even make it until 12, or 10:30 for that matter.  After a day of shopping and getting my hair did to cover up the grays that obviously make me 35, I was pooped!  Alex tagged along...he was thrilled.  I love my hair dresser, but he tends to take a while to get my hair done.  He's a talker and I am too, so that usually means we do a lot of talking....plus, I have enough hair for about 3 people.  I did get to drink a yummy margarita, get some new tennis shoes (to run and get back in shape), spend my gift cards and purchase a new vacuum cleaner!  Hold the excitement...isn't that what everyone wants for their 35th birthday???  A bright, new beautiful vacuum cleaner.  I know...I needed one.  I used my gambling money to buy it with...so it wasn't really a present!

I am trying to get my house in order and all laundry done so when I go back to work tomorrow....(yuck), so things will be somewhat manageable.  Who knows...I am ready for a new year and I know I will blink my eyes and it will be March, and my babies will be having their birthday parties.  Where does time really fly off to anyway?!  I sure as heck would like to know.

My resolutions this year are basically the same they are every year....
  • lose weight
  • be a better christian
  • stop cussing as much
  • become organized (yeah right)
  • pay off some bills
  • have another baby (that's not one I have every year)
So, Happy New year!  May 2011 be an excellent year for all my friends and family!

No comments: