Monday, December 19, 2011

I. Suck. at blogging. period.

Hee hee!  Kids are napping and I am enjoying listening to the rain and looking at my beautiful Christmas tree...it's peaceful.  I never thought all 3 of my kids would be asleep at the same time, especially Zadie, since she loves to NOT nap anymore.  Being the big kindergartner and all, she thinks she is too big for it. 

So many things to blog about, but really just feel like posting a few notables for now....the biggest one being the arrival our our newest family member, Murphy Kate Harper.  She came into the world on October 19, 2011 at 2:54 pm.  She weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 20 inches long.  She was perfect...although her delivery was FAR from it.  I really thought the 3rd baby would be the easiest...HA!  It was a super traumatic delivery and I am glad it's over!!! My epidural did not take and I am a big wuss when it comes to pain...she's a sweet baby and so far everything has been relatively easy...after the initial pain of labor and my old ass body trying to have another baby.  My only hope in having babies in my 30s, is that they will keep me young!

It's almost Christmas, and the kids are driving me crazy on their first day home from school!  I am still on maternity leave, so it's usually just MK and I hanging out in our jammies, taking naps, snacking...doing much of nothing really.  Although there were days she and I went out shopping...the one good thing about those carriers is that they sleep well in them and it allows you to do some shopping every now and again.  It's been nice being off this long with her.  With my other 2 I just took 6 weeks, but since Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays were close together, I decided to not go back until January.  I told my mom the other day, I really hope I remember how to teach!  Ha! 

I have gone up to see my 4th grade kiddos and they seem like they are ready for me to come back as well.  I was so lucky to have someone wonderful to take my maternity leave.  She was great and I know the kids enjoyed her.  As sad as I am a little bit to leave MK at the sitters, I am ready to go back to a normal day where I have to brush my teeth and get dressed for the day.  It will be hard at first, but Alex will help me like usual...we'll just be throwing a 3rd one into the mix!

I am looking forward to Christmas this year because my cousins are coming to my mom's.  They have both moved out of state and I haven't seen them in a year or more it seems.  We always have the best time catching up, eating, playing cards and just laughing.

I guess all my pics are on my phone from the baby, and I not sure how to get them onto this blog, so the only ones I will post will be from their photo shoot I had done for their Christmas cards...it was too cold to do too many of MK, so we worked with what we had that day. 

I can't believe my babies are getting so big.  Zadie loves school, and so does Garrison.  They have been great help with the baby and they love to love on her.  Garrison is a little protective of her and Zadie is a little mom.  I have to watch her sometimes, or she'll just be holding her with her little head just a flopping everywhere.  However, I don't get on to her...I really enjoy her help and watching her be a big sister.  I want her to look back on it and smile, like she really wanted to do it, and not because I needed her help.

I am so grateful to be able to spend some time with my family for Christmas.  Hopefully after my life gets a little more back to order, I can try and blog more.  Like anyone reads this thing anyway, but it's a way for me to write stuff down, especially about my kiddos!



1 comment:

RedRae said...

Love all the updates and pictures!! Enjoy your break! <3