Wednesday, December 1, 2010

girls weekend...

This weekend I am headed to Austin/San Marcos/New Braunfels for my annual girls shopping weekend.  However, it will more likely be a non-stop gab fest/wine fest/eating all kinds of great food fest.  This will be the 4th year we have done this, and I am so excited.  It's such a great time for me to get away and relax and enjoy my friends, sans children.  I love my babies with all my heart, but momma needs some time too!  I can't wait to see my girlfriends and sit and laugh and hopefully get some shopping done as well.

Thanksgiving was great and pretty relaxing.  No black Friday shopping for me.  Mom and I say we'll do it next year, but we haven't yet....

We took family pics today...the first time ever...yeah, terrible seeing as Zadie will be 5 in March!  I hope they turned out good...Garrison wasn't as cooperative as I would have liked him to have been.  But, he had fun being a goof ball.  Zadie was a natural poser...too funny that girl.

The holidays seem so hectic and everyone seems to be planning a million things.  I too look forward to seeing old friends and visiting with family, as well as having time off.  I have been reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever to my classes this week.  And although I have read it a dozen times at least, it's so true the message it conveys about Jesus and Mary and Joseph...they weren't anyone anybody really cared about, yet they were destined to be such important people in our lives.  So, during this hectic, holiday season, stop, relax for a moment and take in what is important to you and why we are celebrating Christmas.  I know I will have to remind myself as well.  And, if you haven't ever read the book...pick it up today.  You will laugh, and maybe even cry a little thinking about how simple the story really is.  Sometimes simple sounds perfect.

1 comment:

RedRae said...

I love that book! And you are so right! I hope you have a great time this weekend! I always enjoy my girl dates with my girlfriends!
Can't wait to see the pictures!