Friday, July 22, 2011

being pregnant

I saw someone the other day and they asked how much longer I had...in my mind, October still seems like a long way off.  She got me to thinking...how much longer do I really have?! I sat in the Wal Mart parking lot counting on my hands just how many weeks I had left...14!!!!  Yikes!  Where in the heck has the time gone with this pregnancy?  Is it because I was so paranoid at first and no one knew?  Is it because this my 3rd baby and things seem to be on the back burner the more kids you have? 

Then I started a little mental freak out of all the things I need to get done here at the house and things I haven't even bought.  With my other 2 it seems like I had already bought some diapers and some outfits...no diapers, and a few sleepers is all I have purchased.  I feel like such a slacker.  I am going to blame it on the heat.  Being pregnant in the dead middle of the summer heat is awful!  Not to mention Texas is having one of the biggest heat waves ever, and the drought of all droughts. It really is bad here...and I think pretty much all of the south.

I am trying to relax and not feel so overwhelmed...but it's going to be here before I know it and everything needs to be in place, including things at school.  Oh man, I better get busy.

I did get a prescription to Ambien from my doc...and let me just tell you, the first night I took it was pure heaven.  Best. Sleep. Ever.  From them on, I have been a crazy person.  That medicine makes me so whacked out I really don't remember some of the things I did..and I followed the directions.  Take one right before bed and go to sleep...yeah, did that.  To say the least, I am not taking it anymore...benadryl is going to have to work, and I am just going to have to get used to not getting any sleep, which I guess is fine, since I won't get any sleep when baby gets here!

I am going to get a massage next week.  One of my students gave one to me as a gift at the end of the year...I hope I don't fall asleep or make some creepy, groaning noises while I am in there.  I have only had one before, and that was almost 8 years ago.  I really wanted to wait until after I had the baby, but it runs out this month.  We shall see. 

And I have to comment on Zadie...the other day we were talking about dogs, and she was talking about Avery, our dog.  I asked her if she knew what kind she was, and she said, "Yes, she's a Laboratory, like Dexter's Laboratory."  My mom and I almost fell out of our seats laughing.  She said it so matter of factly.  Kids say the darndest things!

No comments: