Thursday, July 14, 2011

Time...where does it go...random thoughts....read if you dare!

I have been terrible at blogging lately.  I have no excuse, but I feel bad because my main reason for blogging was to talk about my kids and what they have been up to and upload cute pics, as well as document this pregnancy.  If this were for a grade, well I would have a big fat F by now.

This summer has been going by so quickly.  I still don't have Zadie's pre-k graduation pics up or our vacation we took shortly after school let out.  That will have to wait, because I have yet to load those pictures on the computer yet.  Maybe tomorrow...the kids have school and I have nothing planned.  When I say school, it's a summer program 2 days a week, but it's good for all of us!

We also (kids, mom and I) took a quick trip to Grapevine last week to hang out with some dear friends of my mom's.  I feel like I have tons to catch up on....I am not even sure where to begin.

Pregnancy.  Well, I am 25 weeks today and am large and in charge.  Someone asked me the other day if I was having twins.  Um, no.  It's always women who feel the need to comment on another pregnant womans look I suppose.  Hey, I know I am already a fluffy gal, but I am also a whopping 5 feet tall.  There's not a lot of room for a growing baby.  So, yes, I look further along than I am, but it is also my 3rd pregnancy. So, there, suck it people who don't know me and want to comment on how big I already am!  All in all, I have been feeling really good.  Insomnia is my biggest complaint at the moment...benadryl, tylenol pm...not much is helping me sleep.  Some nights I swear I am still awake at 4 in the morning...but what I am going to do.  I have read an extreme amount of books and am currently awaiting on 2 more from Amazon.  It does put a kink in my daytime activities.  At least I am off this summer, so I can nap...but then that makes night time sleep a little less as well.  My doc did say she could give me a prescription for Ambien.  I am going tomorrow for my monthly check up....I may be taking her up on the offer.

We are 90% sure this baby is a girl, which is another thing I am going to have her check out tomorrow as well.  I am gong to have some caffeine so little (miss) will move around a little more freely so we can check out her private parts!  I have a dear sweet friend who has tons of baby girl stuff to give to me...kinda need to make sure that's what this little baby is!  I have had a feeling for a while it is a girl, but still...just to be on the safe side.  Zadie is super excited about it being a girl.  Garrison said he wasn't going to share his toys with the new baby....poor little fella.  I am not sure if he is not keen on it being a girl, or keen on having another baby.  He's definitely been my baby for a while...and I think he's kinda of gotten used to the role.  He did tell his teacher at school that there were 2 baby boys and a girl in his mommas belly....lol!  Thank goodness there is just one sweet blessing!

We are slowly getting things ready at the house.  We have just about finished Garrison's room.  He got some new upgraded furniture and bedding.  He loves playing in his room and will for hours.  I am truly blessed to have two kids who can entertain themselves or one another.  Some days they will play with one another for hours on end....and some days I am really lucky and they don't even fight.

I have already bought school supplies...I guess being a teacher turns you into a supply dork at some point in time.  I get all excited about the sales at Staples.  I am officially turning into my mom!  I am excited about taking Zadie shopping for school supplies.  I am a little sad she's going to be in kindergarten, but I think she's going to love school and do great.  Hopefully she will begin to grow out of some of her stubborn ways.  I will be saying lots of prayers for her teacher as well.

I have also gotten together with some of my team from school this summer!  I never knew how awesome we all would mesh together.  We are a wide range of ages, some married, some with young kids, some with high school aged kids and yet...as a team, we totally rock.  We got together and saw Bad Teacher a couple of weeks ago.  It was pretty funny.  Cameron Diaz is a really bad teacher....

Well, hopefully tomorrow I will post some pics of May, June...and now July.  It is a fact I have about 5 weeks until school starts.  I love summer, but it always seems to go so quickly. 

No comments: