Monday, June 21, 2010

status update....

Well, we made it through the doctor's appointment. I will say I asked the nurses if my children screamed as much as everyone else's and they said yes. I think they were pulling my leg because it sounded like both of mine were having an appendage removed with a hacksaw!!! I am not kidding...it was rough. Good news was it was over quickly and suckers seemed to cure their shot spots. Poor things had to get 4 a piece. Thank goodness my mom came along for the fun. She had Zadie in one room, and I took Garrison in another. The look on his face when the first shot went into his leg about broke me. I was holding back big tears myself. Good thing it only has to happen once a year now for both of them!! My plan was to take before and after pics, but I just managed with before...they were all smiles as you can see. They didn't know what was coming....






So, I am proud to say they are exactly where they need to be developmentally. Zadie is in the 75th percentile for height and 90th percent for weight...she's a solid gal. Garrison is in 25th percentile for weight and 50th for height. I believe her words were "they are perfect." Like I thought any different.

I have had the privilege to have my best friend since Kinder living in MP this past year and it's been wonderful. About 2 weeks ago I took the kids to her house and we played outside in cheap, plastic pools, which they loved. She has Sofia who is precious and my kids love her to death, which is nice since number 3 is "trying" to be in the works. Here are some pics from our day as well.





On a sadder note, this past week my small town has dealt with a terrible tragedy and loss of a sweet, young man. One I knew from school and when I worked at Elliott's. He was just a year younger than me and leaves a precious wife and 4 kiddos behind. I know my faith is strong, and I certainly believe in God and know he has a plan for each of us. But, it is when things like this happen, I want to question God and just ask why...why now? why him? And for anyone who has ever suffered a tragic loss in their life, it's a hurt you can't describe. We all expect older people to die, as well as those who have been suffering from an illness for a long time. The day I got the phone call that my step dad was dead, is one I will forever remember in my head and heart. The breath is literally sucked right out of you, like you yourself are leaving the earth for a moment. I don't really know any other way to describe it than that...it's strange. I miss him terribly and think of how much he would have loved my kids, and how he and Alex would have gotten along like two peas in a pod. They say it all happens for a reason, and I believe that. I never in a million years imagined I would have moved back home...why would anyone leave Austin for goodness sake!?!!! However, had he not died, I don't think I would have ever moved home...and we know the rest, no sweet husband, no adorable kids...so. I have faith that God has plans for that sweet young man and his family, whatever they are. I pray they continue to look towards God and seek his comfort.

No comments: